Friend a Family. Prevent Orphans. Show Love. Extend Hope.
Our desire is to see vulnerable children and their families stay together AND embrace hope in all of life.
To see this happen, we believe that Family Sponsorships play a key role. Sponsorship not only means that financial resources are available for a family, but it also means that families are empowered through loving support, prayer and encouragement that makes them feel human again…as they are remembered by God and by others.
Your monthly partnership helps to provide:
– 2 Nutritious meals daily plus a snack and additional nutritional support for underweight children.
– A clean, safe environment for children to be cared for during the day by loving, caring caregivers.
– Early Childhood Education tailored for younger children and formal Schooling for older children in our Nursery, Kindergarten and Elementary classes.
– Health care for Mothers and Children.
– Special care for families who are underweight, HIV+, disabled or health issues.
– Clothing and Hygiene materials.
– Social Worker visits to each child and parent on a consistent basis.
– Relational sharing of Jesus and His love demonstrated on a daily basis.
– Supplemental food to help provide better nutrition at home.
– Provision of household supplies and or house repair
– Freedom for parents to work to help promote sustainability while their children are cared for in a safe place.
– Opportunities to participate in Spiritual Ministries including; counseling, Bible Study and Kids Club programs.
– Job Training, Education, Micro-savings, Micro-grants and Income Generating Activity for Moms.
– A safety net for parents who are terminally ill to make sure their children are cared for.
– Opportunities for parents to invest in the project themselves, thereby using the assets that God has given them, which in turn empowers them.
– Community education in parenting, HIV/AIDS and sanitation
– The movement towards sustainability for families.
This is where the relatively small amount of $34 per month makes a life changing difference. While it costs $136 per child per month to have a child in the project, each family has 4 sponsorship slots of $34. Maybe your family has the means to fully sponsor a family. In other cases, there may be a small group or a church or a Sunday School class or an office willing to take all 4 sponsorship slots for a family or even 2 or 3 of the slots.
Or, for $34 /month you can take 1 sponsorship slot and start making a difference, while we continue looking for other individuals and groups to take the other slots for a family. Everyone involved in sponsoring a family still gets updates and has an opportunity to share with the family and build relationship with them.